Table of Contents
Message from the Chair and Executive Director An introduction to a new platform, hosted on the IAHPC website, that delivers user-friendly data from the LancetCommission on Global Access to Palliative Care and Pain Relief.
Policy and Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus outlines the three opioid crises; Ms. Heloísa Broggiato, IAHPC delegate at a UN meeting of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, reports on her presentation and other issues addressed.
News & Resources
- IAHPC launches an online platform giving access to Lancet data on health-related suffering.
- You can fund IAHPC’s Global Giving project for education initiatives year-round, but a donation on Tuesday, December 3, is eligible for being matched dollar for dollar — and you could win a cash prize!
- Reminder to apply for an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship for the ALCP Congress.
- Love apps? Consider becoming an IAHPC app reviewer!
- Free, online courses for students & palliative care workers.
- Free Amazon Prime access to Hippocratic film.
IAHPC Calendar of Events — New listings
Featured Article Board member Gulnara Kunirova describes the origin and impact of Kazakhstan’s first mobile palliative care unit.
IAHPC Book Reviews Dr. Roger Woodruff is on hiatus this month.
Lessons from the Literature
UNDER MY MICROSCOPE Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article describing an algorithm to predict mortality risk for patients with dementia needing palliative care.
MEDIA WATCH: GPS & QUALITY CARE Articles on best practices for general practitioners, selected by Barry Ashpole.
Introducing… Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement, in India — incredibly inclusive holistic care.
List of members New & Renewing Members
List of Donors