Table of Contents
Dear Readers Executive Director Liliana De Lima and Board Chair Lukas Radbruch introduce IAHPC’s annual report, now online.
Policy & Advocacy How climate friendly is palliative care? wonders Senior Advocacy and Partnerships Director Katherine Pettus, who also reports on new CUDECA Institute for education, an opioid governance webinar, and an upcoming World Health Assembly meeting.
Special Advocacy Report A keystone law pledges palliative care for the entire UK: an interview with Baroness Ilora Finlay of Llandaff, longtime palliative care activist and member of the House of Lords.
Part of the Hospice Africa Uganda team. Photo used with permission.
- Our Institutional Award Winners: Hospice Africa Uganda, Pallium India, and Anam Cara House Colac.
- Advocacy Course Module 5 is available to members: Ethics of Advocacy for Public Health Palliative Care.
- 10 new IAHPC Scholarships announced for McGill University’s International Congress. Apply now for 2 other scholarships! Deadlines loom.
- Reader recommended: The Lantern Model of nursing.
- Great idea! Free hugs
- New listings in the Calendar and Directories
A social worker with CanSupport’s mobile clinic visiting a patient. Photo used with permission.
Featured Story CanSupport’s pioneering mobile clinic is a hit with patients & caregivers.
- A Matter of Death and Life: Love, loss and what matters at the end
- Surviving the Tsunami of Grief: For the bereaved and those wanting to support them
Lessons from the Literature
Media Watch: Areas Ripe for Research The last instalment from Barry Ashpole’s weekly report, plus a thoughtful letter that explains his decision to end Media Watch.
Meet a Longtime Member Irena Laska of Albania
- Members’ Impact: Members’ Impact: Julia Downing is among just 10 nurses shortlisted from among more than 24,000 for the Aster Guardians Global Nursing Award. You can vote for her!
- New & Renewing Members’ List
Last Month’s Donors