Table of Contents
Dear Readers It may be summer, but we’re not relaxing! Learn about our new Course on Pain Assessment and Management, news about IAHPC Scholarships, and a new job for Gena.
Plus: An editor’s note about Members’ Impact & changes to the IAHPC Newsletter.
Commentary The state of palliative care research by Barry Ashpole, with comments from Drs. Lukas Radbruch and Eduardo Bruera.
Policy & Advocacy The 75th World Health Assembly and more advocacy news reported by Dr. Katherine Pettus.
- IAHPC launches Pain Assessment and Management Course, free for members, on June 21.
- 10 IAHPC Scholarships available for the ALCP Congress, and another 10 for the McGill International Palliative Care Congress. Apply now! The benefits are real & immediate, and your chance of success is better than you may think.
- Palliative care in the UAE webinar series.
- Plus: Tidbits & What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
Featured Story Dr. Chitra Ventakeswaran on palliative psychiatry and the Home Again project.
Special Report Training palliative care professionals from Latin America: a key focus at Cudeca’s new center in Spain. La formación de los profesionales de los cuidados paliativos de América Latina es uno de los principales objetivos del nuevo centro de Cudeca en España.
- Meet Lifetime Member Donna Huddleston
- Members’ Impact
- New & Renewing Members’ List