Table of Contents
Dr. Derek Doyle
A Personal Message Executive Director Liliana De Lima shares fond memories of Dr. Derek Doyle.
Dr. Derek Doyle, 1931-2022 A short biography and remembrances of the influential, humble, and kind Dr. Derek Doyle, one of IAHPC’s three cofounders.
Policy & Advocacy January was a busy month of online meetings, reported on by Dr. Katherine Pettus.
- IAHPC Advocacy Course Module 3: Advocating for Essential Palliative Care Medicines is now available.
- Reminder Apply for a scholarship to the Bruges public health palliative care conference.
- Pallipedia racked up 190,017 views in 2021, plus December’s Top 10 list.
- IAHPC Global Directories surpass 2,500 listings, plus new listings.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
- Great idea Life Ledger in the UK.
- Palliative care books for Africa and Latin America / Recursos de cuidados paliativos para África y América Latina.
- New Palliative Care Initiators Online Course, Hospice Uganda.
In other news Lancet Commission on the Value of Death begins; the Journal of Palliative Medicine invites media reviews; a Canadian Minimum National Standard for PC is of use internationally. Also: Quotable
What the Almaty mobile palliative care team saw on the road in front of them when trying to do home visits on January 5. Photo used with permission.
Special Report Five days of mayhem in Kazakhstan, a report by Gulnara Kunirova.
Book Review Palliative Medicine: A Case-Based Manual, 4th ed., reviewed by Dr. Frank Brennan.
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on the use of parenteral lidocaine for complex cancer pain
Dr. Kim Adzich
Media Watch: Telehealth Barry Ashpole selects articles from his weekly report, Media Watch.
Meet Some of Our Longtime Members Canadian Dr. Kim Adzich describes his link to a Serbian hospice, and Miguel E. Rodriguez, a general manager and marketing/strategic planning professional who supports IAHPC.
- Members’ Impact
- Members in This Month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List