Table of Contents
Message from the Executive Director An impressive list! Liliana De Lima’s roundup of IAHPC’s accomplishments throughout 2021.
Policy & Advocacy Katherine Pettus reflects on the importance of partnerships, and outlines IAHPC’s advocacy agenda for the near future.
Special Report: Malawi Lameck Thambo, head of the Palliative Care Association of Malawi, on how the association facilitated access to morphine medications for use in palliative care.
Grants in Action Xiohara Gentica of the Philippines on how the Asia Pacific conference ignited her sense of purpose.
- Apply for an IAHPC Scholar grant to the Public Health Conference in Bruges.
- Members, improve your advocacy: Modules 1 and 2 of our new course are online.
- Reader recommended: The Rabbit Listened
- Pallipedia: New definitions & Top 10
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
- New Listings in the IAHPC Global Directories
- Great idea Professional photographers help honor babies who die.
- In other news Call for submissions for special issues on the role of pharmacists in palliative care and on equity-oriented care; a free online course on spinal injuries and end-of-life care; an updated manual for health care professionals in Sri Lanka.
Dr. Lukas Radbruch
Featured Story IAHPC Chair Lukas Radbruch on the journey with COVID-19 so far: a difficult time with opportunities for resilience, confidence, and hope.
Book Review Palliative Care in Lung Disease, reviewed by Lisa Potter, MD.
Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on psychedelics as treatment for depression, anxiety, and existential distress.
Media Watch: Social workers Barry Ashpole selects articles from his weekly report, Media Watch.
Dr. Gayatri Palat
Meet a Longtime Member “Nourish partnerships!” says Dr. Gayatri Palat, a beacon for advocates anywhere.
- Members’ Impact
- Members in This Month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
Last Month’s Donors