IAHPC Hospice Palliative Care News Digest, August 2020
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair and Executive Director Lukas and Liliana take a small break after hectic months adding the successful COVID-19 series of webinars to their usual workloads.
- Policy and Advocacy Survey says… Dr. Katherine Pettus reports on the recent IAHPC survey on how COVID-19 is affecting members, responding to issues that might be relevant to you, too!
- Guest Advocacy Column Dr. GVM Chamath Fernando presents a snapshot of current palliative care training in Sri Lanka, noting paths to improvement.
- Progress Report Dominican Republic Palliative care for children with cancer in a country devoid of formal palliative care training, a report by Dr. Wendy C. Gómez García.
- IAHPC News & Calendar
- IAHPC members, you could win a $2,000 USD Traveling Scholar grant or Fellowship!
- A quick guide to our most recent, and final, COVID-19 webinars
- Great idea! The astonishing power of a single post on Facebook
- What’s new in the Calendar
- In other news: MMS thematic issue on global palliative care includes 3 articles by IAHPC board members, past and present; EAPC announces an interactive online World Research Congress in October; and a communications webinar hosted by APHN.
- Featured Story We choose IAHPC! Longtime and Lifetime members tell us why their IAHPC membership is so important to them.
- App Review VitalTalk Dr. Romayne Gallagher’s first review is for an app guiding clinicians on how to cover essentials and respond therapeutically in conversations with patients and their families.
- Lessons from the LiteratureUNDER MY MICROSCOPE IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article that illuminates huge opportunities for palliative care research.MEDIA WATCH: COMPASSIONATE COMMUNITIES Barry Ashpole highlights articles that focus on the junction of palliative care and compassionate communities.
- Membership Matters
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- List of Donors